Current Open Positions:
Operations Manager/Professional Legal Administrator
Do you want to be part of a team that works to ensure that trial courts are following the law, especially in cases involving children?
We are an appellate boutique law firm that has been growing significantly over the past several years. We need an experienced Operations Manager/Professional Legal Administrator to join our team and work directly with the owners and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for giving our clients a voice in their family law cases. We are growing fast, and we need an Operations Manager/Professional Legal Administrator who can hit the ground running.
We are seeking an experienced Professional Legal Administrator or someone with legal and operations background that is willing to complete Professional Legal Administrator training provided by our consulting firm.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our Operations Manager/Professional Legal Administrator:
- You smile when you answer the phone
- You are enthusiastic and can help others generate excitement
- You are an amazing scheduler with a meticulous attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are good at setting goals, following through on them, and helping others set and follow through on their goals
- Your patience knows no limit
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
- You love working in and being part of a team
- You have a growth and positively oriented mindset
- Desire for continual learning and professional development training
- Desire to start the process to become a Professional Legal Administrator, if not already.
This position will be responsible for many key functions in our office, including but not limited to:
- Drive the creation, review, and continual testing and improvement of the law firm’s key systems (internal policies, external policies, procedures, checklists, templates, examples, scripts, etc.) in direct and close consultation with the Owners and other managers.
- Track all case deadlines and maintain all deadline tracking systems (Calendars and Charts).
- Tracking and improvement of Firm’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work with managing attorney to assign work to paralegals and attorneys.
- Evaluate contracts with vendors and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Manage key coverage policies such as professional liability, business insurance, etc.: proactively explore/bid out with other vendors/providers.
- Monitor staff production and review of Firm SKUs and workflows for efficiency, profitability, and staff capacity (with management team).
- Oversee the process of recruitment, hiring, initial orientation, and on-boarding of all new employees.
- Maintain personnel records for all employees, ensuring privacy & security of files and ensuring records are properly updated to document personnel changes, promotions, feedback/counseling, discipline, etc.
- Oversee and acts as the liaison between the building and any tenants, to ensure maintenance activities are performed; facility problems are solved; parking facilities are made available to employees; cleaning services are satisfactory.
- Manage the firm’s office furniture inventory: submit recommendations for purchase and installation; assuring that office's furniture inventory is maintained and repaired as needed.
- Manage building-related inspections and maintenance such as fire inspections, elevator inspections, cleaning crew, landscaping, snowplow, trash removal and recycling, repairs (both planned and unexpected), etc.
- Oversee and develop as needed the Firm’s COVID-19 policies and procedures for all personnel and building.
- Ability to travel out of state once a quarter to attend professional development conferences and workshops. These events are typically 3 days in length spanning over the weekend.
- Manage key financial processes (after an onboarding period of around 6 months).
We need an Operations Manager/Professional Legal Administrator with experience in helping a business grow, juggling multiple priorities and projects and maintaining stability and professionalism. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal handholding.
This is a full-time job where you are expected to work *in office* for 40 hours per week. Pay rate estimated $24-27/hour depending on number of years of experience. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability. Health Insurance available after 90 days. 10 days of paid vacation (increase with years of service) + sick leave.
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works with law firm clients and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied to this particular ad. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to . The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. [For example: SMITH paralegal DEDICATED].
We look forward to reviewing your application.